Photography at Silver Lake, located at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon, right next to Brighton Ski Resort, cannot be beaten. Silver Lake is a scenic high-mountain lake nestled into a small valley with stunning views of the mountain vistas and thick pine forests. You will often find fishers on the lake seeking the plentiful small brook and rainbow trout.
A long boardwalk surrounds the lake and allows for beautiful views from any side. As you walk along the wooden walkway, you enter a thick forest of tall pine trees that lends itself to beautiful photographs. Seriously, photography at Silver Lake cannot be topped!
Tall grasses surround the lake but are off-limits to walking on except in certain spots to protect the delicate ecosystem that exists there. Be aware there are only specific spots to capture photography at Silver Lake, but those spots are enough to make this a favorite location for photography. In the fall, expect an explosion of mountain wild flowers.
Silver Lake is a watershed area, which means that no pets are allowed at this spot, so please leave Fido at home.
As you get to the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon, the road will become one way and will form a large loop. As it becomes one way, you will see a sign to your right for the Silver Lake Visitor’s Center. We will meet in that parking lot. Also keep in mind that there is a $30 travel fee to shoot here.
Bug repellent is recommend for photography at Silver Lake.
GET TO KNOW Silver Lake
• There is a $40 travel fee to shoot here
• Stunning mountain lake with mountain views
• Easy access with pathways and a boardwalk (we must remain on the boardwalk)
• Beautiful tall pine tree
• Fall brings brilliant wild flowers
• No pets due to the area being a watershed
• Best to shoot here in the morning or evening
• A perfect location all year round, however in the winter the boardwalk turns into a cross-country skiing track. However, there areas nearby for great shots.
• Meet in the parking lot of the visitors center
Photography highlights from Silver Lake
Wonderful mountain images can be captured with photography at Silver Lake. Take a look at the images below to see some highlights from this awesome location located at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon.
let me answer your questions
I look forward to getting you more information. Fill out the form below and I will get back to you pretty quick. I look forwarding to working with you!